Wednesday, 13 March 2013

The Librarian: colour tests.

Here is the final colour design for the Librarian. It took me quite a while to decide which colours to use as I wanted to test them against the backgrounds of the film to make sure the colour palettes matched. Originally I planned for the character to be much greyer and subdued but it idn't really work well with the backgrounds.




these are the first colour schemes that I did while I was still waiting to finish a few of the backgrounds to test against.

I narrowed down the colour scheme but wanted to tweak a few things. I really liked the idea of the green skin and hair but couldn't quite get it the colours to balance right.

After making the final decisions about the colours I decided to do a quick test on how the lighing in the underground part of the world would affect the colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment